NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Let me make this clear to all NC Angler members. The Surry County bunch that Nat's Dad is referring to is me. That's right, and I'm man enough to admit it. Since it's foundation this site has been about sharing with other fishermen, and I have and will continue to do so. It seems that Nat's Dad wants to play forum Nazi and not have anyone disclose any information about fishing spots or techniques so as not to spoil fishing in HIS spots. This coming from a man that sent me numerous PM's requesting info on fishing, river access, etc....you get the drift. Did I hold anything back, no, I shared. Maybe some of his 'spots' came from me. or maybe not. The fact is, he has done the very thing he is chastising "the Surry county bunch" for. Recently he has also sent not so polite PM's to another member about sharing in the open forum. I personally have fished with that member and know the young man to be a good person and an even better fisherman. Take heed of your own tag line and follow your own blog.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really am hoping this is friendly banter. Having been around a number of you I know there's plenty of but busting going on.

I really do appreciate the info and the willingness to not only share but to be there with you doing it. I think we all have something to teach each other.

I do understand people have cultivated spots over the years and would not like some spoken of. But the stuff many are looking for is info on where to go. Like put ins and take outs. What to expect. How to understand the flow numbers. Which is best done by going to a place and seeing what the level and flow is compared to the numbers.

Telling someone to use a specific color m17 at the shore does not help them that much. You still need to be able to fish that dead bait in a way the fish wants to eat it.

And as I cultivate spots. Especially on a lake. I will be more than happy to take people to them. I do not expect people to give me coordinates on the site. General area is nice though ;-)

mikeski

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Let me make this clear to all NC Angler members. The Surry County bunch that Nat's Dad is referring to is me. That's right, and I'm man enough to admit it. Since it's foundation this site has been about sharing with other fishermen, and I have and will continue to do so. It seems that Nat's Dad wants to play forum Nazi and not have anyone disclose any information about fishing spots or techniques so as not to spoil fishing in HISspots. This coming from a man that sent me numerous PM's requesting info on fishing, river access, etc....you get the drift. Did I hold anything back, no, I shared. Maybe some of his 'spots' came from me. or maybe not. The fact is, he has done the very thing he is chastising "the Surry county bunch" for. Recently he has also sent not so polite PM's to another member about sharing in the open forum. I personally have fished with that member and know the young man to be a good person and an even better fisherman. Take heed of your own tag line and follow your own blog.

The operative word being PM..............apparently the irony of that is lost on you..............actually my post had nothing to do with you............as in the county had to do with the location of the flow, not the posters...hence bunch.....nor did I even think of you.......but if the shoe fits...............it had to do with a couple of young members that keep posting a certain fragile flow here and on another forum having specifically to do with brown bass............you'll excuse me if I don't post a link to it in an open forum ................but we will see if they are man enough after reading this to admit it to you it's them not you...............apology accepted. Thankfully that other forum does not allow the ten to one ratio of member to non members to read such posts.........maybe the irony of that is also lost...............or maybe you want the whole world putting in there and think it's sharing with non members *( those people who read these posts and fill up the small parking spot but contribute nothing to the forum ) is what's this site is about?

The hardcore wilderness trout fisherman sure hope you guys don't get on a wild brook trout kick and hold your next rodeo on Creek X and make it another Weldon but whatever..............it's a free country, right?

And In case you think I'm the only Natzi I've heard from three other guys that are dismayed to see all the recent publicity thanks to the young guns. I know of one that no longer post here at all for this very reason the last time this happened.,,,,and he caught and released the likely new state record on another flow and did so as not wanting to draw anymore attention to said flow that it couldn't withstand.

Copied from the home page as I wrote this 44 members and 207 guests Imagine what that number will be Friday afternnoon

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
No spot is secret, that can be driven to in a car. A few may have been less used a few years back than they are now. Mainly because of the huge number of kayak fishermen. Goggle map has taken away most access secrets about flows big enough to float anyway. The Saturday Kerr Scott float, which was hardly ever fished years back still had less than 10 other fishermen on it the few weekends ago, including the ones from the bank. There was also a family floating in a 10 foot galvanized stock watering tank. I am reasonably sure that they didn't get the route plans from ncangler, nor did the guy hollering "Muskie" every time he caught a pickerel. DH, HS, and waters with noticeable parking areas are easily found.

On the other hand using a PM, photo shopping out landmarks, and using terms like Local Flow is fine too. I personally don't cotton much to general stabs at people, or groups of people either.

ncanglers have helped me with my first yak, first stillwater, saltwater, and river yak trips. Introduced my to DH waters, Alabama rigs (still not sure if that was a good thing or not) and countless other tips and tricks of the trade. But most of all it has helped me to find some great friends, including more than one that fishes and or lives in Surry county. Point is, in my opinion that the controversy and ill remarks if needed should be kept to Private messages at least as much as post of fish, and discussions of where, how, and when.

BTW several of us are meeting at King's Creek Access Sat around 8:00 to float the New. Put in at New River Outfitters we can put some yaks on my trailer, leave those vehicles at the access for our return. Conner if you don't float the Y come join us.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Regarding remarks made:

I just want to make it clear that if snide remarks are to be made pertaining to myself, that's fine. But pm me or call me or meet me. We'll clear it up. No use in beating around the bush. This is IF something's pertaining to myself. I can't tell if things are directed towards who or what on these forums lots of times.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Who the heck knows who he's referring to at this point. I'm a "young gun" and I know he's had problems with what I've posted before, but I'm neither from Surry nor do I post about Surry County water really. It can be tough to interpret things over text on the Internet, just another reason why all of this is just nonsense.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Lane, when it comes to the brown fish you might be right.

I believe I could be one of the "Young Guns" since ive made several brown fish posts in the last few months. I dont even name flows in my posts. I dont photoshop photos either. Though I will take anyone willing to learn and endeavor to be a caretaker of the resource.

Gene - Red > < - Asheboro

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.