NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Glenn Grindstaff, I live in Marion, NC, which is about 30 miles east of Asheville in McDowell County. Lake James is the largest lake in the county and receives a lot of fishing pressure. I drive one hour and ten minutes to Polk County to fish Lake Adger because it is the only lake in NC that is stocked with Muskies. Muskies are my first love and I tend to spend way to much time after them. I have caught five muskies since Christmas 2004 in Melton Hill Lake in Knoxville Tenn. I enjoy bass fishing and can't wait to hear some reports from the Raleigh area. I don't get many chances to do salt water fishing, so this will be interesting to me also. My largest musky was twenty eight pounds and 2 ounces, but I did net a thirty pound eight ounce musky for my nephew. A picture of mine is posted on this web site. Musky Glenn

·
Registered
329 Posts
I saw the picture before I read your post, and was shocked to see a muskie. My father and I won a trip to Canada years ago and I had the pleasure of fighting a few of those monsters. Not 30lbs! but in the 20's certianly a lot of fun. I didn't even know there was a lake in NC that had Muskies in it! I might have to try that one out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have caught 2-3 muskies in the French Broad River, near Hot Springs. Much more often had a very exciting 20 second encouter with one while smallmouth fishing. I grew up fishing northern WI every summer and was delighted to hear that they existed in NC. I have even caught a couple walleye in the French Broad believe it or not, also while smallmouth fishing. It's a great river, run some whitwater, stop to fish the pool below the rapid, then do it again for about 9 miles. When the water gets low in the summer and the boating gets rocky, take a fishing rod and a couple beetle spins or hula poppers and have a ball.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts