NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy headed out this morning to get on some trite in belhaven. With a lite breeze and 70 degree water temp we were able to put some nice trite in the boat caught on mirrolures and even caught a nice slot stripa that we had to release. a nice class of fish and a great day on the water here are some pictures

Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources Cloud
Food Seafood Fish Cuisine Ingredient

·
Registered
29 Posts
Were your inside the pilings (pantego creek) or did you head out into the Pungo? I ask only because I was up in the creek yesterday and all I saw were gar. I am new to targeting trout and just trying to figure out if it was my location or skills with the mirolure that were the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were your inside the pilings (pantego creek) or did you head out into the Pungo? I ask only because I was up in the creek yesterday and all I saw were gar. I am new to targeting trout and just trying to figure out if it was my location or skills with the mirolure that were the problem.

we were all up in the creek and believe me we saw plenty of gar. not sure how you were fishin that mirrolure but that may have been part of the problem if you didnt catch you some fish. could have also been color of your lure or maybe you just wont on the fish they are still a bit scattered out right now. hard to say. once it gets good n cold youll be able to find em stackin up and you can hone in your mirrolure skills then

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im glad to here you wore your partner out that has to happen every once in a while to keep them modest ;)! anyway this weather this week will hopefully stack some fish up. Are you fishing any this week dogsandwolves?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im glad to here you wore your partner out that has to happen every once in a while to keep them modest ;)! anyway this weather this week will hopefully stack some fish up. Are you fishing any this week dogsandwolves?
you rite about the weatha lookin like 40's at night. gonna be alot of cool air, better get your long pants ready your jackets ready your long sleeves ready make sure your batterys charged your boats gassed up and make sure you got plenty of mirrolures cause its gone stack them trite up! hope i can go a day or 2 this week if i can find me a partner. all my buddys rather go to baby birthday parties and weddings or stay home wid there wifes now days. let me know if you want to go some time Milligan. i see your from edenton im not far from there at all.

I tink he wuz being some what funny with his diction. He also spedlt it "stripa"...
hey sand flea i see you from manteo what is the trite report lookin like up that way i havent been there in a while?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice job on the trout, are you prepared for next hurricane season?
thank you sir! since you asked you must know im always prepared for hurricane season and wont to make sure every body else is prepared too!! ;) lucky we been spared the last couple years lets hope we dont have another cold winter that will mess up our trite fishin!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice mess of trite. Dogsandwolves, any hot tips on where severe weather is striking next?
Cold front comin thru tomorrow nite! Be prepared! Get your long pants ready your long sleeves ready your jackets ready your gloves ready make sure your laptops charged your cell phones charged your gps charged your trollin motor charged most of all dont walk to far! gonna be a lot of cold air get your mirrolures ready get your rods ready get your reels ready cause them trite gone be pure stacked come tha end of tha week and Im gone flat out get on em!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.