NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 was a pretty good year fishing wise for me. I caught some fish, made some memories and meet some really nice people fishing.

In January I started out the new year with a few flounder.....

Then headed to the mountains and added a few fresh trout

Of course I took along some of the coast with me, its hard to beat Stump Sound salties!

Then came home and added some nice Black Bass to the table.

February was a tad slow, some black bass and a few flounder and well, an oyster rock or two................

Then in March it was back to the grouper holes for some more fresh fillets.....

Then came spring and with it Bonito and Spanish Mackerel

Oh yeah and fishing with friends - like one day in May when Pier Dweller and I went out and he boated this nice Fat Albert

Then came summer and it was KING time.........................

(you get the picture, lots of kings this summer)

And of course the summer highlights included Randy (AKA Mr. Half-a-fish & NC Angler) and I finally getting to fish togehter

There also was an occasional shark or two like this one within a mile of Topsail Beach

But the highlight of the summer came on the first Saturday in August when fishing in a King tournament with my good buddy Gery with him on the reel and me at the helm (aka; Hunters Haven) when we hooked, boated and released this 73" Sailfish!

No summer in Topsail would be complete without some reds, trout and flounder so I added a few of those too

Then some fall kings

Then back to the flounder, grouper and black sea bass!

A pretty good year indeed! Fish On!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.