NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to charge the batteries up today and noticed that a lot of the floor was under water. Obviously the rain got through the tarp covers.(i know tarps are not great, but it's worked fine so far). I drained it all out from the plug. My boat is a 2006 Tracker deep vee, all aluminum. I'm mostly worried about the plywood and carpet floor. If I uncover it and put it in the sun, will it be ok? I'm also worried about the gas tank getting water in it from being submerged. I should probably drain it completely. Will it be ok or did I just do major damage? I plan on building it it's own covered shelter with crushed stone pad.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
You didn't leave the plug out? If the batteries were under water they are probably shot if they were connected. I would empty the gas tank and wash it out with......I can't remember the name of the stuff. It is made for removing water from tanks. I have no experience with plywood and carpet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tomorrow I will put it in the sun out in the yard and wet vac it out and maybe even shampoo it lightly. I will at least syphon the gas out through the fill neck, because you'd have to take the floor out to get to the tank and I'd like to avoid that. I know it's marine carpet, but still.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Water will go to the bottom of the gas. By siphon you'll have to work hard to get it all if at all. Be sure and load it up with a can of SEAFOAM fuel cleaner when you refill. You can buy it at AutoZone I know, not sure where else but it is great stuff and safe for outboards STP and most others ARE NOT!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have a fuel tank that is under the floor chanches are you will be alright as long as your hose clamps are tight and no leaks you should take afuel sample just to be sure. If aboat sinks the water comes in through the tank vent.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with mobilemhd, unless the boat was submerged the gas is okay. All factory boats containing plywood have marine grade plywood in them. So unless the water was in the boat for a very long time, the carpet and plywood will recover.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you do decide to replace the floor board use some epoxy resin and coat it real good before you put carpet on it. That is what they do with bassboat internals. Don't need mat just resin. Unless you just want some strength added. And should last you a life time if you seal the edges good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.