NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Bravo! I like the "coffee table" with the fishfinder...
Did you deck her out yourself?

Reactions: fisherjon

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That's a fish git'ter fer shure!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
How do you like that air cooled Briggs??

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you like that air cooled Briggs??
It's a bit loud, but has been very reliable. Had it for about 18 months. With just me in the boat it gets me up on plane and I can scoot along pretty well. Would love to have something a little more powerful, but the price was right (on clearance at Pep Boys, of all places).

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
NICE BOAT LOOKS ALOT LIKE MINE, I PUT A CASTING DECK ON MINE AS WELL AND ALSO MOUNTED A PEDISTAL SEAT ON IT FOR COMFORT ;)
HAVE A 6 HORSE MERC ON MINE AND ALSO HAVE AN 8 HORSE YAMMIE BUT STILL CANT GET HER ON PLANE :rolleyes: BUT SHE GETS ME WHERE I WANNA GO AND GETS ME ALL THE FISH I CAN HANDLE,GOOD LUCK TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU IN THE NEW RIDE :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! I'd like to hear a little more about that casting deck - was it homemade or a kit? What's it made of? Is there a gap at the edge so you can pull each side up?
Here are a couple of close ups of the casting deck. The frame is made of 2x4s ripped in half. The top is OSB (a.k.a. wafer board), not the best choice for such a wet environment, but easy enough to replace later. It's not attached, so I can easily remove the whole assembly if I want to carry a passenger.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
one thing i wouldve changed was the hindge placement shouldve put them under the top instead of on top that way they wouldnt trip ya up,but great job on the deck besides that,looks sturdy may you catch many drag screamers from her ;)
ill get ya some pics tomorrow of how i did my deck maybe youll like it and try it as well when the time comes.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That'll work!!!!!!

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
THE SEAT GIVES A GREAT VIEW OF THE WATER,IT 5\8TH INCH FLOORING THAT IS SCREWED TO THE RAILS AND COATED HEAVILY WITH POLY THE SEAT BASE IS SCREWED TO THE CENTER BEAM AS TO MAKE IT STURDY AND THERE IS A FULL LENGHT BEAM UNDER THE DECK SO TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO BELLYING OF THE PLATFORM.
I LIKE THE SEAT THERE BECAUSE IT COMES OFF WHEN NOT IN USE AND STORED UNDER THE DECK TO ALLOW FOR CAST NETTING BAIT OR JUST CASTING TO THOSE SHALLOW WATER REDS.
IT WAS MY FIRST ATTEMP AND IT WORKS WELL SO FOR NOW I WONT CHANGE IT BUT MAYBE AT A LATER DATE ILL UPGRADE IT TO BETTER MATERIALS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.