NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my distinctive vessel. You'll know its me on Falls Lake if you see this rig, I have yet to see anything similar.

It's a 15' Old Town Discovery Sport Boat with a 2.5HP Four Stroke Yamaha. In theory, this should be the perfect fish stalking vessel, as I am able to tilt the motor up and paddle just about anywhere. This theory would work out a little better with a more knowledgable captain. :) I often take the motor off and paddle in 'No Motor' bodies of water.

If you see me out, give me a holler.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Nice looking set-up. Reminds me of a very similiar canoe I had many many moons ago. It didn't have a transom though so I added a makeshift transom and used an electric motor. Was sweet for fishing the Eno and some of the larger farm ponds up around Hillsborough and Mebane. Kinda of wish I still had it.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Nice rig. There is a redfish guide down in the Charleston area that uses a Gehnoe to guide solo anglers out of. Looks like it would be right at home just about anywhere that there are backwaters to be fished. I'd make a point to try it out in the NE Cape Fear and some of the other blackwater streams. Cheap to run and cheap to tow= lotsa bang for the buck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright d-el! What kind of range does it have (on how much gas)?

We're going to have to get out sometime. Since you've got the power you can tow me & the kayak to the more distant fishing grounds. I'll buy the gas!
I'm really not sure what kind of range it gets in terms of 'nautical miles'. It has a .25 gallon internal gas tank that keeps me [-]buzzing[/-] putting around the lake for a weekend. If I run out, I keep a little 1-gallon can full of gas in the boat with me and I can top it off on-the-fly.

I'd love to get involved in one of your kayak outings, always looks like you guys have a good time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.