NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I won't tell you how many years I have been bass fishing(46) and I won't tell you how many lures (hard and plastic I have) you wouldn't believe how many anyway. But I will say that I have never caught a bass on a Senko until yesterday 7/28/15.

This story actually goes back to May of 2012 and I am sitting on the banks of the Flint River in Georgia talking fishing with some of my Georgia River Fishing.com buddies. "Pamlico" is in shock I have never thrown a Senko. Told him I dont even own one. He goes to his bag , rummages around and comes back with some Senkos for me.
he tells me to throw them and I promise to one day. Fast Forward to last year and I am going through some of my stuff and I find those Senkos. I then decide I am going to make a little Senko box and go buy a few more colors. With that done i forget about the box until the other day. I then decide Wednesday morning is the day I am going to catch my first Senko bass. I throw the ones Pamlico sent me. Nothing. I then notice those green Senkos were about the same color as the water so I change to a different color. 4 fish in maybe 45 mins. nothing great or big but I Finally got my first Senko Bass.

Vertebrate Dog Fawn Carnivore Bedrock
Water Fish Watercourse Fishing Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Great Job Mack Senko are my favorites but the price tag and durability are major issues. That pumpkin color used to be my go to but now its the red shad laminate. I recently picked up a large bag of stick o's at BPS and so far pleased with durability and performance. I do find huskiest are better with the senko probably because they are so soft fish seem to hang on better maybe the more natural soft feel. Just wish they weren't so expensive I got 30 stick os for price of 8 senko

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's really longing for a kayak. He's having a hard time selling any of those old ratty canoes in his yard though to make room for one. He'll probably have 2-3 of 'em by this time next year.
I do want a yak in my backyard. My wife keeps on saying how "cute" they are and she wants one really bad.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I look forward to your first crankbait bass post and your first spinnerbait bass post and your first topwater plug bass post............................Walmart Canadian Nightcrawlers sales just dropped 10 percent.
ok I dont give away many secrets but here is one....write this down ND as I know you will forget.

buy 1 tub of nightcrawlers...go to grocery store and buy 1 clove of garlic. chop of 1/4 of clove and put on top of dirt. flip crawlers upside down. put ifn fridge 3 days. then go fishing. Crawlers have eaten garlic and smell like it. awesome bait. dont use garlic salt or powder as it will kill them.

oh, ND i saw Dick's has Zebco's 50 percent off, you had better rush.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.