NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after about a year and a half of going back and forth I finally ordered my first shad tank. Got a 25 Gallon Round Grayline. Wanted a 30 gallon (or bigger), but due to the size of my boat and the super deal I got I went with the 25. Should be here by next Wednesday. Can't wait to take it and try it out.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not so much a boat project as a journey to keep shad alive. I started using shad about a year ago and have a sufficient tank made out of a cooler to keep them alive for a day of fishing, but really like the idea of catching shad today and using them tomorrow. My tank would do it, but I would have to "sleep" with it to keep changing water out and working with it to keep the shad alive. A buddy of mine bought one of these tanks and catches shad on Thursday and fishes with them on Saturday. This is a huge benefit when the Roanoke striper season comes in. Took a while to convince myself to make the purchase, they are not cheap.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.