NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my first trophy today so I thought I'd share. Went with a buddy this afternoon and we caught a few small ones and this one that went 8.34. Caught it on a Rebel Pop-R. Debated keeping it and then decided to let her go. Just couldn't killer her. I think I'll do a replica mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked out a few replica mount services online and realized it my haste to get the fish back in the water, I forgot to get the length and girth measurements of my fish. Anyone know a reliable way to estimate these measurements from a picture?

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Ditto on the replica and nice fish. I love a pop-r! They`ll catch everything.
If you send the pic to the replica people with weight they ought to have enough experience to pick for you. Guess it depends some on how many sizes there are. Congrats!--------stu

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I see you are holding the fish, try to use the size of your hands to reference length and consider she looks ready to spawn and heavy with eggs. That and a good taxidermist can get you a reasonable mount!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Caught it on a Rebel Pop-R.
great fish -- and congrats on releasing her.

what part of the state are you in? bass don't seem to be hitting topwater yet here in the triangle area -- though perhaps they've just started? i was catching a lot of bass on topwater by later april of last year, but haven't succeeded in catching any yet this year.

/ joel

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great fish -- and congrats on releasing her.

what part of the state are you in? bass don't seem to be hitting topwater yet here in the triangle area -- though perhaps they've just started? i was catching a lot of bass on topwater by later april of last year, but haven't succeeded in catching any yet this year.

/ joel
I actually caught her in Cary. The pond I was fishing had alot of weed growth on the bottom so I that's why I went with a topwater bait. I was fishing a worm before that and kept pulling up mounds of algae. I caught a dink on the second cast after I put on the Pop-R. Caught a few more dinks and then about a 2lber and then finally the one in the picture. I was a bit suprised they were hitting the topwater yesterday too with the cold front that came in. I guess the overcast skies helped a bit.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Turtlestew - not sure where you live, but one of our sponsors is a Taxidermist and one of the best out there. His name is Gery (pronounced like Gary) of Hunter's Haven Taxidermy

Hi TA, I spoke with Gery today and mentioned I got his name off the website from you. The check is in the mail!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.