NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got word first thing this morning that my sister was in a motorcycle wreck.
She went into surgery last night and is ok, but busted up pretty good.
Pin's in her hand and arm, some bad road rash on her shoulder and took a head shot to the ground. I talked to her this morning (she was kinda out of it..) as well as the folks.. so she's alive but will need some time to recover.

I was just down there visiting with them just last week.... jeez... ya know... she loves fishin and is in alot of my fishin pix here on the site... The helmet saved her life so I'm relieved knowing she had enough sense to wear one (no helmet law in Fla). I saw some of the pix of her hand and shoulder... let's just say,, I wont be posting them on here will make you sick to your stomach...

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Dave I'm glad to hear she is on the mend. I lost my brother in 1977 in a motorcycle crash. I love to ride but people scare the heck outta me.
you sure shes your sister? She is a heck of alot purdier than you are!!LOL!

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Dave I'm so very sorry to hear of her accident, but happy that she will be ok. By the goodness of Our Lord and her helmet she was not killed. Believe me I know of her pain.

NOW, LET ME TELL ALL OF MY FELLOW FISHING BUDDIES OUT THERE IN THE NCANGLER COMMUNITY ONE THING TO REMEMBER: MOTORCYCLES ARE BAD FOR YOU AND THEY WILL KILL YOU. I DON'T CARE HOW SKILLED OR SAFE OF A RIDER YOU ARE, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE AN ACCIDENT AND CHANCES ARE IT WILL BE SEVERE.

Its been 18 months AND 16,000.00 since I had my motorcycle accident and I am still in pain and still walk with a noticeable limp, have poor balance and am limited in what I can do when climbing or balance is required. I wanted to feel the wind blowing through my hair and recapture some of my long lost youth and look cool cool doing so.

IF YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE OR A LOVED ONE HAS ONE, GET RID OF IT OR CONVINCE YOUR LOVED ONE TO DO THE SAME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Yes, you might say I am somewhat biased against bikes now.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll say this... I'm not against the motorcycle itself, but it sure does take experience to operate.

From what I understand at this point, is, she had just fueled up at the fuel station, then pulled out onto the highway. Under acceleration the bike lost traction and veer'd her into a concrete median. Right now it's suspected she had probably gotten some oil or fuel on the tires while filling up or drove over/thru some oil/fuel while at the gas station.
I think a experienced cyclist would've been able to avoid having the accident, but we're all relieved she was able to walk away from this instead of us having to raise her daughter (my niece) cause we had to bury momma..... We're not a motorcycle family by any stretch, but I think my Drop's remarks are inline with my sis's thinkin... She did complete a motor cycle safety course and had proper safety gear... just didnt have the needed experience I believe.

My boys wont own one, or at least until their out of my house or over 21. After that, it's their decision, but I'm in-line with Jim's thoughts.
Sis already said,, she wont get back on one, and I believe that's the best decision.

unfortunate it took an accident though... she's lucky she wasnt killed.

When I was a kid riding the school bus to school one morning, we rode past a accident where a city water truck was watering the median trees first thing in the a.m. in the fast lane on a 4 lane divided in the east bound lane. A guy on a motor cycle didnt see the truck due to the rising sun in his eyes had struck the back of the stopped water truck instantly decapitating him. Our bus went by right after it had happend and that has always stayed with me.. it was the first thing that popped in my head when I heard my sis was in a accident.... (whooo...)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Praying for her speedy recovery.

My folks, especially my mom, have always been dead set against motorcycles. Just after high school, I had to choose to either walk 2 or more miles home or ride on the back of a friends motorcycle. I choose the motorcycle. Pull up in front of the house. Before I could even get off the bike, mom was out the door giving me "down the country" about riding on that bike. I haven't been on one since.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dave,

I am truly sorry to hear about your sister's accident.

I will just pray right now that the Lord would completely heal and restore her body to the way it was. I pray Lord that you would make her recovery swift and whole. I also pray Father that you would comfort Dave and his familiy and take away any anxiety that they may have about their loved one's recovery and prognoses. Father God just as your word declares please work this situation to the good of those that love you and are called according to your purposes. Lord let there be a great testimony that arises from this situation that will bring honor and glory to your Kingdom.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Fresh out of college I was going to buy a nice Kawasaki Ninja. I had decided that I was going to get one the following week. On the way home one night I went by the scene of a crash. The guy on a motorcycle was legally going through a green light when a car ran a red light and hit him. He was dead before he hit the ground. Never bought that bike I wanted so bad and really appreciated trucks from that point on.

I hope your sis gets better Dave. Bikes can be very dangerous and you not do anything wrong or illegal.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx guys, and update Irish (thanx for asking), Pins in her hands get removed this coming week. She's on the mend, but will take a while.
I guess the road rash on her left front should/chest area is doing well, though gonna be a painfull reminder in the future...

But she's doing well. Thanx for all the thoughts and prayers!! :)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I have a bumper sticker I actually keep on my wall that says..

"To be old and wise,
One must first be young and stupid."

My wisdom will someday become vast!!...LOL! I'm sure she is wiser from this. I'm glad she is on the mend!

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I have a bumper sticker I actually keep on my wall that says..

"To be old and wise,
One must first be young and stupid."

My wisdom will someday become vast!!...LOL! I'm sure she is wiser from this. I'm glad she is on the mend!
Sundrop - I think I would add to the end of that quote: and SURVIVE. :D

Of course the vast grace and mercies of our Lord help too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.