NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had a million heart attacks caused by beavers. You're standing on a small stream looking for rising fish, it's just the soft breeze, the chirping of birds, the soft gurgling of the water........then BAM!!!!!!! satan himself has decided to drop an anvil into the water from 500 feet. Beavers are just evil.

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Nice!!. I enjoy reloading, not so much with rifle ammo, but you can save significant money on pistol cartridges. Even though you don;t save as much with rifle ammo you can close your groups by 40% or more just by making sure all of your rifle cartridges are loaded exactly alike.

Darrell

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
if it makes you feel better loading at the ramp at dark thirty I'm all for it. 9mm's are for bullheads and channel cat fisherman..............flatheads and blues guys need an urban bear stopper that gets their attention.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I figure this is as good of a segue as any, but I need some ideas for carrying my .40 cal. bear repelant when I'm fishing (especially wading). I just can't figure out a good way to keep it secure and out of the water, but still accessible should the need arise.
If you are packing an automatic and you want failsafe operation at a moments notice under any circumstances or conditions you have failed yourself already.

There is a reason that fishing guides in the Northwest carry wheel guns in bear country. When Mr. Brown or Mr. Grizz show up the party stops, pucker factor becomes very real and low and behold all the thought process in the world cannot get your brain to slow down long enough to think and on top of that you are worried about your gun functioning properly...fagedaboutit!

Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson got your back, .357 Magnum Style.

Now in combat I'll take the capacity and agility of an auto pistol all day long. Because I can find a place to hide from people while I clear a jam. Of course in combat if I've drawn my pistol it's only because I'm fighting my way to another rifle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.