NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken my trolling motor apart a couple times for cleaning and what I think is good maintenance. After the first time I re-assembled it, I turned it on and the motor ran in reverse. With forward having five settings and reverse having three, this left me with going forward at only the third setting.

The simple solution was to just to hook the battery connectors up to the opposite terminals on my battery. I have sat and stared at the workings of my trolling motor to understand it has done what it has done and come up with a permanent solution to this problem.

Also, if anyone knows, is the current way its running going to damage either the battery I use or the trolling motor.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If you had the controls apart you probably just plugged the wires back in backwards. Doesnt matter which way the motor turns/current flows, it wil be fine.

Reactions: kclc111

·
Registered
488 Posts
Will not hurt a thing to hook it up backwards. I had reverse the positive and negative on my trolling motor when forward quit working and have run it over a year like this with no ill effects.

Reactions: kclc111
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.