NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Myrtle Beach this weekend, for our anniversary , and want to do some fishing in the surf. Anybody know of a good place and what might be biting down there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cherry Grove has a nice pier... 6.00 per rod...I was there a few weeks ago. Had fun with catch and release of dog fish (good size) off the end of the pier..(can't keep sharks is SC) used sqiud in 3" stripes.. I am not a real fisherman..just like to have fun.
fish to the left at the end of the pier... old pilings off to the right.
If you run into Roger tell him I said HI. Roger fishes there all the time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cool:OK thanks guys that a big help. Definately bring 2 rods( ok maybe 4).
Well Got to hit the road tell yall about on return.:cool:

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well didnt catch anything down at Myrtle ...but in all fair ness we didnt do alot of fishing down there either. We did throw some lure in the surf down sout Myrtle ay the state park beach. But no luck. But it was really windy and we oonly stayed an hour or so. We did have great time though.And spent way to much at Bass Pro Shop, mostly in the fly fishing shop.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well didnt catch anything down at Myrtle ...but in all fair ness we didnt do alot of fishing down there either. We did throw some lure in the surf down sout Myrtle ay the state park beach. But no

Some days are like that. Fish's got there on temp setting, hot or cold.
But the pro shop is a fun place to be all the time, new things, new friends and more money to spend too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You may wanna try Surfside Beach Pier. The big ones will be moving in shortly and it's a little south of Myrtle Beach. The water is 60 degrees and warming.

Look up Surfside Getaway website for accomodations and I can hook you up there cheap.

Good Fishing,

Tailchasr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.