NC Angler Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Has anybody ever tried night fishing for the Salmon? I watched last week's episode of Anglers West where they went for Kokanee at Loon Lake out in Washington state. They fished a 30 foot deep ledge where the Kokanee came to feed at night. They used 4 float lights. They used heavy jigging spoons with the hooks removed to sink the bait. They used 4-6 inch leaders with size 6 hooks. The bait was 4 live maggots and one piece of white corn. The corn was treated with a pink and a red treatment and finished off with Anise Krill Oil. The spoons glowed and so did the corn. The bite was really light and they had to set the hook quick. They caught two limits, 30 fish, in about two hours. The biggest ones looked to be 13-14 inches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. Matt from Chattanooga, TN here. I do a lot of deep trolling in TN. We're renting a house on the lake for the week of Thanksgiving. I've never fished the lake and have never caught a Koke, but will be happy to pound the water for a week and give a full report. Seems like most of the info out there is for summer fishing. If anyone wants to share any info on late fall and general patterns I'd be obliged. I'll put the great advice on this forum into practice, if there's anything else I should know please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only fished once in mid-November, caught a couple of 12-13 in Perch on small orange/white spoons & a limit of Smallies on silver Sutton 44 spoons between 15-20 deep going up Nantahala River. Depending on water temperature,most Trout will be in Nantahala River, good luck!
Super helpful. Thanks! Do you think the kokanee go up the river as well?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts