NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this here a few months back. It is a superb yak, but for me, its more boat than I can manage.

Like new Hidden Oak Slayer 14.5 available. Updated to Super Seal Scupper Plugs and Foot pads. It's only been on the river 4 or 5 times so has only minor bottom of hull scuffs. Hatch cover has been modified to allow gear rack use without removing it from cover.

There are two Anchor Trollies installed, one to each side. It has the deluxe hi/low seat. Very stable boat, can stand with no issue. Great fishing platform. I have several other goodies that can go in the mix to sweeten the deal.

I am also open to trades for a smaller yak, with a hi/low seat, or for a propel system. Have something, let talk about it. Call 910-590-0244 after 9am or before 10pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why is it too much boat for you? I'm just tryin to figure out the best boat for me! Too big too heavy too hard to paddle??? What are the drawbacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
the slayer is 78 pounds unloaded it is wide and makes it kind of cumbersome to paddle doesn't turn as great as a narrow kayak and it is SLOW not a fast kayak but very stable platform to fish from,all kayaks are not the same and NO one kayak does it all before you buy demo every kayak your intersted in to see what fits your needs better ;) the slayer has tons of room and an awesome seat

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the young age of 61 with 3 rotator cuff surgeries, I just need something smaller. Also, some of the area, that I fish, its tough for me to turn. On the river and the sound, its a great ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the boat but Dunn is a long way from lake Norman!
Was looking at the 12' slayer,
But for the right deal I might not be able to pass it up?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like it and would like to have it! I'm about 4 or 5 days from being able to make myself pull the trigger? But I'm off Friday and Saturday. Could you work Siler City in maybe Friday if I decide to go ahead and get it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts