NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've about decided to buy an Ultimate FX and hand my Ultimate down to my son. So far, Outdoor Supply Co. in Hickory seems to have the best price. Just wondering if there is a better price out there that I'm overlooking. Right now, its the standard retail price with a 5% discount for cash plus a 20% discount on accessories. Am I correct in assuming that this is the best deal? Also, Hickory is only an hour away from me.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sundrop but I've already checked into them. They sent me a promotion the other day that offered 10% off of all products. But after reading the very fine print it does not include kayaks. A 15% discount on accessories if you buy a kayak is not very attractive when Outdoor Supply is offering a 20% discount on all accessories if you buy a kayak. So it looks like right now, Charlie's got the best deal. Thanks for your reply.

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
You can't go wrong dealing with crew at Outdoor Supply Company. It is a good store and staff, esp. the 4-legged mascotts. Be sure to tell them that your and NCAngler.

Where do you fish mostly?

Darrell

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I notice they don't seem popular on the Native owners board and that surprise me. I'd like one also. Let us know how you like it. I'd buy one if they did a real sale on them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no doubt that they are great to deal with. My Ultimate came from there and I was very satisfied with everything, the staff were great, and the mascot very friendly. I'm trying to come out as economically as possible . Just trying to make sure that I'm not missing any spring sale or promotion deals that I'm not aware of. I'm definitely a Broad River rat anywhere from Gray's Landing to the Cherokee Recreation Center in Gaffney.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is great. It tracks well, there is plenty of room for gear, a little heavier than the regular ultimate and a little slower, but not enough to complain about. It is also a very stable boat with the seat being in high or low position. I have taken it to Lake Adger and Broad River and it performed great on both bodies of water. Me and my son did an overnight camping trip on Broad River. I carried most of the gear in my boat and i had plenty of room and a stable ride. The front hatch cover is a must. It is a great accessory for keeping gear dry. The only complaint I have is the cost of Native's accessories, but they have always been expensive. I also purchased one of the new Bending Branches Pro Angler paddles in the new real tree camo color. Charlie at Outdoor Supply in Hickory gave me a great deal and also made shopping a very pleasant experience. I have no regrets what so ever about buying this boat. Everyone should own one.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The one thing it seems to be missing to me and this is major is a better way to carry it. It seems like it needs luggage handles mid sip on the sides so when you are not needing to carry up over your head you have a better way to lug it around. You get what I mean? The front and back handles assume you have two people---what if it's just one person?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using mine in the intracoastal waterway and it holds up just fine. Its not self bailing, but it is a dry ride. I have only taken water once, from the wake of a huge yacht that broke over the bow. Two-three from a bilge pump made quick work of that. The kayak is a extremely stable and a comfortable ride. I can sit in that boat all day and even stand up and fly fish from it. The weight for me is not really an issue I just use a kayak cart from liquid logic and that does the trick. Topping on a roof rack solo is no problem with a little finesse. My only regret is not getting the 15 foot version for more gear or an extra person occasionally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.