NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to demo Native Watercraft new Tegris Ultimate 12’ Fri. The ingenious use of this extremely tough fabric is revolutionary in paddle-craft. The boat only weighs 36 lbs. making it a breeze to load/unload. Just by looking at it you’ll notice a lot of attention went into the details and aesthetics. It’s quite impressive. Oh yeah, caught a number of Redbreast’s and three Large Mouth Bass.
Tegris Ultimate http://web.mac.com/ruckartphoto/iWeb/Yak4fish/Freshwater%20Fishing_files/slideshow.html?slideIndex=1
Bass http://web.mac.com/ruckartphoto/iWeb/Yak4fish/Freshwater%20Fishing_files/slideshow.html?slideIndex=0

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Physics and particularly the archimedes principle, wasn't my cup of tea. Though it stands to reason as well as the scientific theory - that a lighter object will have less draft as in this case. Huh? It does seem to be a little lighter on the water which will only add to it's carrying capacity. I only had me, two rods and little tackle in the boat. Using the Ikelos paddle I could keep it tracking well with a higher angle stroke otherwise it would tend to oscillate a little, which is good and expected for a 12'. You can nearly spin it on a dime - or maybe a large beach ball.

You still on for Sat.?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm still on for Saturday. I talked to Chris today and he said he'll see if he can get off work.

I'm getting ready to go lose some weight myself. Then maybe I'll be able to draft higher and spin like a large beach ball...

Ikelos huh? Welcome to the club :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd hoped Chris had that setup already.

Had a bad image in the head of you spinning on cardboard - doin' the break dance thing to some jam. See what I mean.. bad image.:eek:

Ikelos, yeah, liking it, got it back in Aug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Yak,
What's the advantage of the Ultimate 12 Tegris over say the Compass 12.5? Is the Tegris material going to stand up to a beating better than an old fashioned composite. The compass is lighter yet and I'm not sure I'll ever do much standing up to fish.
Thanks for your 2 cents. I've been checking your pings out a lot recently since your one of the few people to even demo the Tegris.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the site Softouch. be sure and say HI in the Meet and Greet and tell us a bit about yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.