NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to get to the site as much as I would like recently. I have been working, going to school, and I am on the career hunt. I've been interviewing one to two times a day and now the next step are the office visits.

I've been excited to have school come back and will be happy when I won't have to worry about the future.

I want to keep everyone informed about what is going on with BassPack. Right now we have three teams fishing to bring back home the FCS National Championship. Normally only two teams are sent but they really wanted last years Champions to return as well.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with BassPack. We are the N.C. State Bass Fishing Club. We are more than your typical club. The guys that are in Texas right now did a lot to get there. We send our top four members based on points. A member earns points by placing in tournaments but also attending meetings and community functions such as kids fishing days.

It is my goal to update everyone from time to time on the progress and events that BassPack has coming up. Feel free to look us up on Yahoo Groups and our website.

David

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I spoke with one of the guys yesterday and we didn't bring the trophy home. Our third team didn't end up going. Our best finish was 9th. From what I understand the lake was really rough. The temperature increased everyday they were there. They were draining the lake so it was hard to get a good game plan during prefishing. It was a full moon. Alot of the teams zeroed for two days, if that tells you anything about how tough it really was. But that is why they call it fishing and not catching.

Gotta go do that homework stuff...

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Not the end of the world....disappointing yes....but life goes on. Study hard... life is just like competion...the ones that are best prepared and consistently put forth their best efforts usually do well. Luck you can't control...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.