NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Navionics Boating USA....

I think several of the Navionics Marine and Marine and Lakes were recently renamed to combine them.

Fishscalz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several different phone apps. Some are free and others are different prices. They don't tell which ones have the lake contour lines. If I have to pay for the app I wanna make sure I get the right one

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Navionics is trying to squeeze blood from a turnip with the latest update. Gonna be anothet $15/year for OK charts.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I really do like the Navionics Boating USA on Android for an overview of lakes, but I have to question the Sonar Updates.

Accurate maps are not easy to create with standard data, but with dozens or hundreds of users updating the system, the information should be more accurate, not less.

There are spots that are off in depth essentially by a factor of 3 for Belews Lake, and the update increases the depth error. If real data is being used, there is an error that needs to be corrected in the processing.

I realize the depth and contours change with the pool level, but if the shoreline is fairly accurate, the depth should be more accurate with updates, not less.

My major gripe is this, that and small lakes are usually overlooked.

Fishscalz

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love the app for inshore coastal, haven't used it anywhere else. I know for the price you get wayyy more than you are paying for. If you want more detail and accuracy you'll have to pay the price to get it. It is a good app for good general use, that's all I need.

Reactions: Fishscalz

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would not mind paying a bit more to get significantly better accuracy, but you'll need to make your own, which is what I do.

The other pay maps are not significantly better that Navionics from the ones I have looked into.

I do agree, for the price, there is a lot of bang for the buck.

Fishscalz

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but check out the Fishidy App. They are a fast growing fishing network with over 8,000 mapped waterways. Also on the web at Fishidy.com.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I was going to check them out, but no thanks....strange terms of use with Fishidy....why would multilevel marketing and sex offenders be mentioned in terms of use, in regards to fishing maps?

Fishscalz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Fishscalz,

In an age where so much personal information is easily exchanged online, those terms & conditions are in place for our own protection as a business and to protect our users on Fishidy. I can assure you the far majority of us on Fishidy are great people who are willing to share and help other anglers, but it's the fraction of a percentage that don't play by the rules who we're protecting against , so it's not meant to scare you away.

What Fishidy can offer you is a free app loaded with thousands of the most popular waterways across the U.S., many displaying detailed contour lines, navigation points and boat landings all available for free. And then depending on if you choose to subscribe to one of our paid, premium packages you receive even more levels of detail including proven Fishing Hot Spots, underwater structures, and advanced fishing forecast tools.

Give Fishidy another try, and feel free to ask any questions!

Jon Giacalone
Digital Marketing Manager, Fishidy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts