NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor Martin called me up today and had a good idea to twist up some baits/rigs for our upcomin trip. We got a little creative and decided to try something different on the way of trollers.

If we get some good weather for our 7th trip, we'd really like to try our (what I call) NC Angler Destroyer lure pac :D

Marty's pretty excited to try out the daisy chains,, and gotta admit.. he's got me fired up about it as well. Here's some pix

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the lures are very similar to Bost Customs w/abalone inserts and double skirts.
13-14 inch baits. Yeah, we had a good time trying to match up the 9 inch yummees to a plunger head. Marty and I both liked the idea of runnin that Black/Purple slant head lure (the one right above the glove). Gonna throw that on behind the flyers. Took us couple hours to twist up the rig's that you see in the pix.

I think we're covered on the smaller stuff pretty well. Plenty of cedars and 8 inch skirt bullet heads and stuff, small green/yellow squid daisys for tuna and all..

The 5 bird rig will have that redish slant head behind them and the rest are plunger heads.. should be some crazy action. 16 inch wahoo wackers will be our two inside deals and we're working on the big teasers right now.

If anything.. will be interesting to watch! :)
If the weather gives us the opportunity.. we figure let's be ready to "go big or go home" :) All the rig's we made up are 300-400 lb test.. so if we get lucky and can hook up and do a release at the boat.... man that'll be one to talk about for a while.

Same here,, hope we get a chance to use the gloves ;) (fingers X'd for good weather!!). We're definately bringin our "A" game! ha ha ha ha... :)

Week after next we're bringing the boat back to Sanford and prepin' it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice rigs Dave!

I'm just starting to get into making some myself and it's gonna be a blast when/if I catch something on what I rigged myself!

I can tell I have a lot to learn.......:D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Scott, any time you want to stop over for a "weekend twist up".. let me know! ;)

It's quite the stress reliever too... I'm glad Marty picked this last saturday when it was pretty cold and the wind a blowin'... we lost track of time and had alot of fun.

Bring your stuff and let's twist some up! ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks Dave!
I may very well take you up on that, I still am very new at it, I have no idea if what I'm doing is totally correct. Trying to go off of tips from others, NCAngler and THT posts, etc.

I want to better target dolphin and kings, have not graduated to the big bluewater critters......yet!

I have stome stubby bubblers, squid skirts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.