I live in nj I have a nj boating certificate
do I still have to take the test in NC or can I
just show I took the test in nj?
OK thanks
Shakie

·
Registered
840 Posts
As stated above, North Carolina has no such requirement. There are boating safety classes that the Wildlife Resources Commission put on each year. These are only mandated for children 14 years or older if they want to operate a personal watercraft (jet ski) but are recommended for beginners or as a refresher. They are free to the public.

Be forewarned, definitely read up on NC boating laws because the WRC officers cut very few breaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info!
nj doesn't have a salt water fishing license
but you need the boating certificate
I think it's a good idea, but I think they just do it for the money!
NC has the salt water fishing license
same deal! I guess it's just a mater of time.
THanks again
Shakie

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just as a self-education exercise, I went through an online boat-safety self-inspection checklist on the web not too long ago... I'm still trying to figure out how to install the required ventilation in the engine compartment of my kayak.... :confused:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Just as a self-education exercise, I went through an online boat-safety self-inspection checklist on the web not too long ago... I'm still trying to figure out how to install the required ventilation in the engine compartment of my kayak.... :confused:
Wear a muscle shirt and jogging shorts..LOL!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.