Little Tennessee River
Hiwassee Lake
French Broad River (currently stocked)
Nolichucky River (currently stocked)
Cane River (flows into Nolichucky)
Lake Adger
Green River below Lake Adger
New River (currently stocked)

If there are any more I do not know about them.

I think I read most of these waters were stocked back in the 1970s and then stocking ceased. I noted ones I know that are still stocked.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the list Gambusia!
I sure miss the Musky fight!
I love living here, have since 1984, but still have a passion for the type fishing I enjoyed growing up and later living in the Midwest.
Ice fishing, Pike, Musky and etc..... Fished the Great Lakes alot too.
Maybe someday several of us can make a trip up North and get some large fish action in freshwaters.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thank you!
I will give it a try. I found the lake on Google earth, have never been there myself, but it looks rather developed. I am ssure there is kake access for the public I just haven't found it.
I am planning on going in the next few weeks once things at work calm down.

I looked at the records and found Walleye and Pike as well. I have been here since 1984 and NEVER did see them.
Oh well, the older we get the wisewr we seem to become.
Have a great day guys and thank you again for this information.
Danny

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try this: http://www.wncmuskieclub.com/. To get there look for the intersection of Highways 108 and 9 at Mill Spring, NC. Up behind Debb’s quick stop is Silver Creek Road. Take it for 3-4 miles and you will cross the Green River. Just beyond that is the only landing on the lake, it’s open to the public. The lake is restricted to 60 HP for boats and 80 HP for pontoons so don’t bring your over powered Bass Rocket. The lake is long, relatively narrow and some deep. There are a few houses on the lake but it is by no means fully developed. Worse thing about it is the developer started cleaning out the downed timber a couple of years ago but there is still plenty of structure. Preferred method this time of year is trolling but pitching and grinding works too. If nothing else you’ll see lots of Turkey, probably Deer, and possibly an Osprey or Eagle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.