NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Wow, cool!

I've got the orange book - been drooling over some of those routes, although I don't have much idea about the fishing...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
268 Posts
Let me add my 2 cents worth. That's a great site and the books are very useful too. I also use the NC Topo map books and Google Earth. You can edit a sat photo on Google Earth use the placemark under the ADD pulldown menu to mark the put-in and mile marks along the route. Use the RULER function under the tool menu to measure the route. Once all that is done and the map shows the route (or portions of it) you can copy the photo using the copy function under the EDIT pull down menu. Then it can be placed on a photo card or in a file on your computer. Either can be printed, protected in a plastic bag, and used to monitor your progress on a float or go to interesting fishing areas not otherwise visable. I inserted one I did for an upcoming trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank you, Major. I fool around with Google Earth often, but seem to learn something new every time. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.