NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the NCSM saltwater fishing seminar last night in Greensboro. For starters it was well worth $20. Heck, the bag of goodies you get is worth $20. The inshore section focused on trout, flounder and drum. Even if you fish for these three on a regular basis I believe you will learn some tricks. After a dinner break we got into king fishing. I found this incredibly interesting since I know nothing about that style. I'm not saying I could go out catch one but I think I could go out and not embarass myself while trying. All in all for an extreme novice I found the seminar very helpful and I recommend it to anybody interested. One key is, ask questions. The Capt's teaching are some of the best in the trade and they will answer any question you have, you just have to ask it. Looking foward to the full day seminar in the spring.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I and TCFisherman have signed up for the one in Greenville Sept 25th.. Glad to hear it is worth it! We're gonna meet at Greenville Marine @ 5pm and tease the tackle monkey so ya'll sign up and come join us!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Just a reminder. The Greenville Seminar is tonite!! TC and I are meeting at Greenville Marine @ 5pm. Good opportunity to learn from the Pros!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Had a great time at tonights seminar in Greenville. Learned alot about rigging and fishing for Reds, Trout, Flounder as well as trolling for Kings. We got a nice goody bag of Sea Striker stuff, twisty tail grubs, clark spoons and info on how to use planers and a free copy of North carolina Sportsman magazine. They had Pizza and drinks thanks to Overtons..
Met Chris (TCfisherman) at Greenville Marine and did a few rounds with the Tackle Monkey... Chris is a good guy and I look forward to fishing with him. Also met a friend of his who was nice as well..
But the best part of all was the raffle. I was the first name drawn and I won a nice Star Aerial series EX-KF 7ft live bait rod!
Got home to find my wife feeling much better with no fever (she has been SICK!)Needless to say I had a great night!:D
I hear NC Sportsman is doing a full day seminar in March 2008 in Raleigh and I've already put it on my Christmas list!!

Reactions: Jeffonc

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Only other thing about rigging wire for kings and live baiting while slow trollin is... a purple 8 inch yozuri bonita purple and black lure.. at least have "one" in the box to use ;)

Sounds like you had a good time and got some good info as well!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Dave I remember you kicked some butt with that "ECU" Bonita..LOL!!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
CONGRATS, TO SUNDROP ON HIS NEW ROD, THIS WAS MY FIRST UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL MEET WITH ONE OF THE SITE MEMBERS, IF THE REST OF YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AS FRIENDLY AS SUNDROP THIS IS A WISE MOVE ON COMING ON THIS THIS WEB SITE. WE LEARNED A LOT ON FISHING FOR RED AND SPEC. AND FLOUNDER, NOW IVE GOT TO GET OUT THERE WITH SUNDROP AND PUT IT TO GOOD USE. THANKS AGAIN SUNDROP AND TO THE REST OF YOU GALS AND GALS.AND SUNDROP I THINK YOU PAID JERRY TO MUCH TO PULL OUT YOUR NAME FIRST LOL

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm telling you folks this is a great opportunity to learn alot from the people that do it for a living! The "goody bag " is worth the price!! And you might get lucky and win stuff too!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
gee tc you all got to meet dainty lil sunny drop did ya??

tc you really need to make it to the next bbq -i think dave is still hosin the bs off his back porch-these guys are a good bunch fer sure..

with my schedule i am not likely to get to any of there salt water seminars..though i may be found near a sand dune with a surf rod near the end of the month..

zooker

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went to the full day spring seminar this year, it was $75 but well worth it plus got lots of stuff I would not normally buy which gave me a chance to try out new gear.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The daylong deal is in March 2008 in Raleigh and I think they said $85. I put it on my Christmas list along with my Stradic combo.. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
The daylong deal is in March 2008 in Raleigh and I think they said $85. I put it on my Christmas list along with my Stradic combo.. :)

Thats actually what I did, told my wife that was all I wanted for chrismas and she got if for me along with a new tackle bag and as she said the ugliest baits(lures) she could find, and supprisingly she picked some good ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.