NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a kayak trip from the Castle Hayne access on the NE Cape Fear and I want to end up in Oak Island.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this section of the river. I am curious about places that I would be able to camp. I am wanting to make this a Friday through Sunday trip.

Chuck

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am planning a kayak trip from the Castle Hayne access on the NE Cape Fear and I want to end up in Oak Island.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this section of the river. I am curious about places that I would be able to camp. I am wanting to make this a Friday through Sunday trip.

Chuck

Remember the river is tidal, even at castle hayne, which means you will not always being going "down stream". I'd time your paddle times with the falling tide

Beware of container ships from Wilmington to southport. They don't look like they are causing much wake, but they will move some water!

i know you can camp at the state park at snows cut.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are also some islands in the river just north of snows cut (near river road park) that I know people camp on. That might be a better option than unloading and paying at the park

1 - 3 of 3 Posts