NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning my first nearshore trip of the year coming up. We will be going out no further than about 5 miles. Anyone know what is hitting right now? I am still learning as this is only my second year fishing offshore. I heard that the bonito should be showing up anytime now by haven't read any reports. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
947 Posts
They are here but from what i have seen/heard they arent in the numbers or areas mentioned in that video, and i know a pic that was posted by the same guy was taken off someone elses FB and they assumed the location...not saying you wont catch if you go, but not everything being reported is accurate. I will say if you do go, go early, it has been an early am bite.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Eric...... This pasted Tues., I was on that boat with Capt. John Mallette & 5 others anglers. Picture was taken from his Facebook posting. We had 4 hook ups lost 2. Casting & trolling. Had a late start or we would have caught more. ........ ICM

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
was at diver's rock today, was originally planning a stream trip, weather took a nose dive. was a washing machine even that close with 4'ers in the mix. I hate a northeast wind. water temp was 58, really needs to be 62-64 for any numbers to show. caught some 2lb class blues and thats it

·
Registered
523 Posts
Where are you going - what inlet? I can tell you that there's not much happening out of Beaufort yet. For tiny bottomfish, there's always the close-in AR's; the 315 and 320. Bonita will school there once they finally arrive. There may be an early flounder or two that'll eat a 2 oz. Spro bucktail with a 4" Gulp shrimp pinned to it. I believe we need another week of calm winds and warm weather.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Thats not what I wanted to hear :( May jump out Bogue this weekend then to see whats happening.

Where are you going - what inlet? I can tell you that there's not much happening out of Beaufort yet. For tiny bottomfish, there's always the close-in AR's; the 315 and 320. Bonita will school there once they finally arrive. There may be an early flounder or two that'll eat a 2 oz. Spro bucktail with a 4" Gulp shrimp pinned to it. I believe we need another week of calm winds and warm weather.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It looks like there are still pockets of cooler water in the Beaufort/CALO area.

140425.115.0934.n18.jpg
With 70s and 80s every day in the forecast, it's just a matter of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts