NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking a crew to share expenses for the boat (at $3.50/gal for non-ethanol gas and 14 mpg for the tow vehicle it gets kind of pricey). I run a 22 ft Scout Sportfish out of Pitt county (Greenville) so I'm fishing the Pamlico river/sound and offshore out of Beaufort inlet. Anyone interested in joining me? I'm rigged for offshore so an occasional venture out of the inlet isn't out of the question. Obviously near-shore and wreck fishing is on the table....

I know specks, flatties, stripers and reds well enough for the northern OBX where we used to reside but now I'm in new waters and anyone with the knowledge who's willing to throw a few dollars into the tank is welcome. I am a bit older than most (63) and don't drink so take that into consideration if you consider this offer.

Tight lines all.

B.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking a crew to share expenses for the boat (at $3.50/gal for non-ethanol gas and 14 mpg for the tow vehicle it gets kind of pricey). I run a 22 ft Scout Sportfish out of Pitt county (Greenville) so I'm fishing the Pamlico river/sound and offshore out of Beaufort inlet. Anyone interested in joining me? I'm rigged for offshore so an occasional venture out of the inlet isn't out of the question. Obviously near-shore and wreck fishing is on the table....

I know specks, flatties, stripers and reds well enough for the northern OBX where we used to reside but now I'm in new waters and anyone with the knowledge who's willing to throw a few dollars into the tank is welcome. I am a bit older than most (63) and don't drink so take that into consideration if you consider this offer.

Tight lines all.

B.
I'm not from that area so I have nothing to contribute regarding fishing spots, etc. but I could be interested in splitting expenses for a day or two maybe later in the summer or fall. I am 71, in good health, and a non drinker. I actually live in the mountains of western NC and mostly fish the deep reservoirs here. Have a 17 1/2' Alumacraft rigged for trolling planer boards, downrigging, etc. Possibility of trading trips if you have interest in doing something like that. I've done some reading about Oriental, NC which is just south of Pamlico. Sounds like that area is good fishing. Thanks for posting the offer so let me know what you think. Terry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry,

I have a son in Asheville but in all honesty, I'm not a freshwater fisherman. I'd be more than happy to discuss a fishing trip here but it would be a cost sharing venture, not a reciprocal trip. Oriental, NC is about 1.5 hours from my home. It's located just upriver (Neuse river) from the Pamlico sound so definitely not a stretch for me to fish that area. I don't know those waters but I'm planning on learning them as time permits (so much water, so little time). We can discuss and see if we can agree on something. You can DM me and I'll give you my e-mail address so we can take this private.

Regards,
Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts