NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If You can get Charlie Farmer on the phone he might be your best source of information in the Ambassadeur dept. I think he has the parts and know how to fix them but I don't know if he does any repairs for the public. I'm pretty sure his # is in the book. I believe he lives on 19 heading SW from Asheville. If you want it hot-rodded for casting then you got the man right there that can help you.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Those reels seemed to have a lot of problems with the level wind. If the level wind is giving you a problem it is usually one of 2 things: a dirty worm or a loose or worn pawl.
The worm is the grooved round rod that your levelwind rides on. It is shrouded so you have to turn the reel upside down to see it. While you have it upside down you can check the round nut with the screwdriver slot in it to make sure it is tight. If the nut is tight I would take the little red tube that comes with a can of WD-40 and use it to blast the oil off the worm/shroud and reel it and try to get the level wind moving like it is supposed to. If this works make sure all the oil and WD-40 is off the worm and put a couple of drops of reel oil on it. If it doesn't work you will probably have to replace the pawl. It is held in place by the round nut you cheked for tightness. You just pull it out and insert the new one. It is self aligning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.