NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I didn't ask you guys before! I need an old boat trailer, any size and condition will do as long as it CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP and has a title. I don't care if I have to shovel it into the back of the truck!

I want to "rebuild" it. When I get done, it's gonna look just like the galvanized Cox trailer I have now. The only difference will be that the state of NC will let me put tags on the rebuilt one!

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Hey Gary, how bad a trailer you want.
I'm going to check on the boat for the young man on this site, just need to get over to W-S to take pictures of it and make sure it's still there.

if he doesnt want the rig, I might have a trailer for you, it's a dual axle and galvanized, but again,, I havent check'd on it in a while and I'll post pix. Thing is, you'd have to go get it in Winston if it's somethin you'd want. You'd just have to apply for lost title on it, shouldnt be a big deal. We can get the model/serial #'s off the axles/frame.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
first off do you know the insider on the trailer thing? you can build a homemade one. go to the dmv tell them you have a home made trailer. they will ask size, they will give you a paper with a letter/number combanation on it. you stamp this combnation on it 1/4" letters on the hitch frame -less than 36" from the front end of the hitch. and using the same stamps on the axel.. you then haul it to the local drivers lisence area-this paper is like a dealer plate-a state trooper will come out and check this number. -yes they will crawl under it in the pouring rain-they will fill this paper out. and give it to you. you send it in to durham with $$. they send you a title. so you can get it register and tagged..

the hint here is if you see numbers on your trailer even remotely near the area you have to put the dmv letters/numbers take a plate weld it to the frame over them DO NOT put your letters on this plate.. they WILL reject it. it must be on the frame it self..

zooker

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't care if I have to shovel the trailer into the back of the truck, but I need the title. The Lost Title problem is what started this whole thing. I tried, but I like my son too much to give him up and that's what it takes to get it done.

Zooker - Thought about trying that route, but my rig's very recognizable as a "Cox" trailer. And after all, I'm going to "rebuild" a trailer and title it. And scrap the old one. I don't want to do anything illegal ;). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.