NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was counting down the days before fishing this weekend, 3 days off Friday thru Sunday and was gonna chase the stripers or try targeting some reds in the surf with bucktails...........

...but that weather looks crazy!:eek:

Temps on the Roanoke River are under 38 and falling. Doesn't look good.

What's another good idea for finding some fish that want to bite? Hot Holes? Ocean? YouTube?-LOL

Anybody have a hot hole lake to recommend? I've never sought one out before but this might be the time. Is there one with stripers/hybrids in the mix? Beta, Tips and Techniques would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friday is 22 and Saturday 38 and raining here, definitely looking much much better down your way. Saturday looks great! Are you finding the reds in the creeks or the surf zone?

Must be a pretty solid set of fronts, dramatically different temps on Saturday between Raleigh/Kerr Lake, and Swansboro. Wonder what that will do to the bite? I'm starting with Extra Procure!

Just found H2oohs post about the Marshall Steam plant, also looks good.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sunday is striper day, they like it cold any way but air will be 60.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Just found H2oohs post about the Marshall Steam plant, also looks good.
I believe that is Lake Norman just North of Charlotte. I'd stay East, personally. Redfish bite probably better than the bass bite if I had to guess. Some good rain gear and you should be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: biophoton

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Didn't know about Hyco, that's on the list.

I usually take January and February off from fishing but....not this year. Stripers have been too much fun. That said, I'm mostly guessing on their movements in this weather/water temps/time of year and don't usually mess with them till April. Shad and White Bass runs come first in March so I've definitely been adding some new lessons to the fish journal this year in the dead of winter.

Saturday's weather seems to be coming up and right before another rain system, gonna try to catch the bite window Saturday and maybe some Sunday morning.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
We have a Jon boat Bass tournament at Hyco this Sunday. Should be interesting with this weeks cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.