NC Angler Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks like I am in the same situation as you, Grouse. My wife and I are thinking about relocating to the region in a few years. My father is retiring and looking to buy a large piece of acreage around Oriental or one of the many other small towns in that region. I work in medicine in NE Montana currently and am from SW Florida originally. Grew up saltwater fishing every day I could get out and want to return to my passion. Came to look very hard at Eastern NC by the New, Neuse, and Pamlico rivers after much research on the various areas we want to relocate to. Florida is so congested anymore, although I love the state dearly. Too many people. We want space like you do. Taking our first trip out there in April and more to follow to put boots on the ground and see/explore the area firsthand. All the research we've done tells us its our #1 contender right now though. The book "The Old Man and The Boy" was a nice inspiration also for those who know...although they were a little further down the coast...too busy in their neck of the woods nowadays I would expect.
The Old Man and the Boy was a treasure of stories to me. But yes, I think that was more down by Southport. And it is indeed built up

21 - 21 of 21 Posts