NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, could yall maybe help me out a little bit? I'm trying to catch my first red fish and just can't seem to find them. We are here on Oak island staying on the intercostal. I went this morning at sunrise up lockwoods folly at high tide near Lockwood folly country club. Caught one small trout but that was it. Didn't see any activity hardly at all. I think they get back in the marshes but I just don't that area that well. I set up this morning on a point...current was pretty strong and it was only 3ft deep. I have powerpoles and a bay boat so if I know exactly where to go then I don't mind getting skinny but just didn't know where to go. I have live mud minnows and fidder crabs. Then I have every type and color of zman jig and artifical bait ha. Also have bottom rigs and topwate.r. Any thoughts? I can go anywhere from Holden beach up to southport area. I would appreciate any advice. Any yes, I am getting a guide...but it's not for another week. I was hoping to try to find some before then. I go for just a few hours each morning at sunrise. Thank you for your advice and time

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, could yall maybe help me out a little bit? I'm trying to catch my first red fish and just can't seem to find them. We are here on Oak island staying on the intercostal. I went this morning at sunrise up lockwoods folly at high tide near Lockwood folly country club. Caught one small trout but that was it. Didn't see any activity hardly at all. I think they get back in the marshes but I just don't that area that well. I set up this morning on a point...current was pretty strong and it was only 3ft deep. I have powerpoles and a bay boat so if I know exactly where to go then I don't mind getting skinny but just didn't know where to go. I have live mud minnows and fidder crabs. Then I have every type and color of zman jig and artifical bait ha. Also have bottom rigs and topwate.r. Any thoughts? I can go anywhere from Holden beach up to southport area. I would appreciate any advice. Any yes, I am getting a guide...but it's not for another week. I was hoping to try to find some before then. I go for just a few hours each morning at sunrise. Thank you for your advice and time
Hey, Im not going to be much help with putting you on drum but if you want to catch trout they are doing pretty good on the piers in the morning with live shrimp ( I was there last sunday). If you are trying to stay on the boat then I can't help much on that one either lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts