NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just how far up the Neuse from New Bern do you have to go to catch some nice 2.5 to 4 lb Bass??

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I hear Trent also, is better

Reactions: toolman

·
Registered
941 Posts
i used to fish this area exclusively. You can catch lmb in any direction from NB. My PB can from a creek about 10 miles down river. I have had 50 fish days in the Trent avg 2.5-4lbs. I promise they are still there. They run a few bass tourneys from Lawson's.

Reactions: toolman

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I catch 2 lbs and under in the Neuse and Trent but was looking for bigger one.. Thank for the info...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Most of these posts are referring to sub 2# fish. I know what you're asking, tool man. This time of year, when the river plays nice go at minimum to turkey quarter, but the closer to kinston you get, the better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most of these posts are referring to sub 2# fish. I know what you're asking, tool man. This time of year, when the river plays nice go at minimum to turkey quarter, but the closer to kinston you get, the better.
Thanks jab0106 you hit a home run.. I was going to turkey quarter and hope I would be right. Now I may go up to at least to Maple Cypress or halfmoon.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you talking pilings at Maple Cypress?? Please help..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts