NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have about 25 spinnerbaits and I have no idea what weight they are. Im sure most of them are either 1/2oz or 3/8oz but how would you go about telling. Even if I could get them close id be good with that. any ideas guys?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Ok i have about 25 spinnerbaits and I have no idea what weight they are. Im sure most of them are either 1/2oz or 3/8oz but how would you go about telling. Even if I could get them close id be good with that. any ideas guys?

I use one of those little square scales that dope heads use....it weighs in grams , grains, oz's....dont ask me how i got it....it really is useful is weighing weights and archery field tips and broadheads.....also bullets it you have some that arent marked....last time i used it was too weigh a bullet i shot a deer with. 240 grain bullet after impact weighed 219 grains.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Food portion scales are also a good choice...and they have them fairly reasonable at Walmart or target or any store like those. Pretty accurate for the money spent.

Remember, though, that the weights on the packages are the weight of the head and not total weight of the lure. That will likely be higher depending on the size of the blades and all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.