NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!! Visitng the OBX the third week of January. Haven't been there in 16 years, and never in the winter. NEED to catch Stripers. Can anyone give me some info. on where and what to fish. Probably get a guide for a day. Surf, Sounds, Piers,??? I'm clueless. Thanks!! Mike:confused:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
mike, Sounds To Me Like You Got Yourself In A Mess, The Bess Advise I Can Give Is Get A Guide For A Day, Then You Can Venture Out On Your On For The Next Few Days, Maybe Someone In The Area Will Jump In With More Help...........chris

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Mike, I've never snagged a striper, so I can't help much. A runt drum was the highlight of my OBX catch... When I think of Hatteras Island fishing, though, I think of the Fishin' Militia - Surf Fishing Outer Banks Hatteras Island Fishing Militia

Hope it helps, and good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've been fishing 30 yrs. I plan to get a guide for one day on the trip. I'm hoping to find out what kind of shore fishing is good in January. Stripers, or whatever else. I want to get lodging close to where I can fish. I fished the OBX surf years ago with little success. Know nothing about the Sounds. I could stay in Ohio and catch Steelhead in the snowy weather, but I promised my girlfriend we would go away. We both live with teen-agers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.