NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Anglers,
I will be taking some of the Wounded Warriors to SeaView Pier in 3-4 weeks. Last year 11 or 12 went. Fortunately none of those "experienced" anglers are there anymore. Unfortunately plenty more have taken their place at the barracks. Several members of this web-site who were on another web-site at the time helped me out. I am going to need 4-6 guys who will do nothing but help bait hooks, take fish off hooks, clean fish, get food or whatever for the Wounded Warriors. You will be there teacher, slave, go-fer for the day. In return you will not fish or get anything in return except the pleasure and honor of showing these guys a good time. Those who helped last year know that I will come across with compensation and how much fun it can be seeing these HEROES reel in there first bluefish, shark or spanish mackeral.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Hey speckhunter80, I will be more than happy to help again this year, last year was a blast and the young Marines had a blast to boot. Well except for the one who's cell phone went overboard. :eek:

Keep me posted on the exact dates and times, I understand it will be a weekday trip. I don't remember the dates but towards the end of Arpil there is a 3 day time frame that I won't be able to go, because of company priorities. Anyother time I'll take a day and head to Seaview.

Guys last year the few guys that showed up to help brought extra gear for use. I brought 3 rods rigged for casting plugs for spanish. I also brought my pier dolly with a cooler full of bottled water for the wounded warriors. The pier will furnish the rod and reels and bait for bottom fishing.

They caught in the neighborhood of 50 blues, a few sea mullet and assorted other fish. We had a fish cleaning party before they all split upand they went back to the barracks for a fish grilling party.

Great time and great day on the water. you won't be sorry you helped.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rich,

As long as its before the 27th of Apr you know you can count me in. Let me know what all you need. If the guys need some bottom rigs or plugs whatever, just let me know. I will be honored. Greg is a great guy for supporting this once again, and kudos to you for all you do. Now how about some specks for my dinner plate?

Jeremy

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Chuck.......seems like the last time we were working on a fishing trip you were juggling races. :D

Before you go off TI on the North end, right before the high rise bridge the road to the right will take you to Sea View Pier. Will be a couple miles on the right.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it is on Monday, I will help. Also have plenty of lead made up and a few Gotcha plugs I have rebuilt and a couple of rods, I have just put new line on. If I cannot make it, I will send a bucket of lead anyway. Will the Seaview let me drop off supplies closer to the Date?

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
My calendar shows that I will not be able to make it April 21-23. I will have to be at work those few days.

If you happen to change to other dates I'll be more than happy to help out.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Once the dates are set I may be able to help out.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.