NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is my first post let me introduce myself. I am in the Coast Guard and my family and I moved to eastern NC from south Florida where we would fish every weekend down in the Florida Bay. The last two years we have been fishing the Albemarle Sound and now we are looking to catch some redfish, trout and flounder down in the Pamlico sound area. We live up in Camden NC so the drive to Bath/Belhaven is around 2 hours. Really trying to decide if the drive is worth the fishing right now or should we wait until the large redfish move in.

I have three boys (12, 10, 8) that love fishing and would really like to get them on some saltwater fish again.

Please provide any your thoughts on fishing this weekend down there in the Pamlico and if you don't mind provide any general areas to get us started.

Thanks and any input is greatly appreciated.

Smile White Shorts Seafood Fish

·
Registered
502 Posts
The big redfish should show up anytime now, but I can't offer any advice on that type of fishing I've never caught one. I primarily target trout, stripers and flounder. Unless you're just dying to get on the water I'd wait until the fall. If you want to target the big drum, you're looking at prime time over the next six weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think with the boys ages you would be better off going after the freshwater fishes up there. I moved to the Pamlico area a year ago and am mostly frustrated trying to catch the fish you mentioned. But, I do well when going after brim, cats and largemouth here. Maybe it would work if you hired a guide. Stripers up there and down here most often cooperate but is c&r.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.