NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a 19 ft Jones Brother Bateau. I am going to list somethings about it. The guy asked me to give him a figure so we could start somewhere with the price. What do you guys think? What would be the number you would first throw out at him and how high would you go on the price?

- 1992 19 ft Jones Brothers Bateau
- 1998 Evinrude 2 stroke
- "Renovated"New casting deck
- "Renovated" New wide gunwales
- "Renovated" New 28 gallon gas tank
- "Renovated" New gelcoat
- Aluminum trailer A few years old (Great condition)

It is a beautiful boat and the work that has been done to it is great work and makes it look way newer than it is. It is pretty much a "plain jane" boat. Doesn't have a livewell but i can live without that.

The things I will have to purchase and add to the boat. I will list them below and I was hoping someone could give me a price estimate on each item that I list or a good average number to get all of the things done to it.

- Pop-up cleats (Has no cleats)
- Wiring for trolling motor (already have a trolling motor to put on this boat)
- Wiring for navigation lights
- Navigation lights
- Lowrance Elite-5m Gold
- 4 flush gunwale pole holders (for trolling purposes)

Please help me out here. All advice is helpful!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
The motor would probably be my biggest question mark. How many hours are on it, where has it been serviced etc etc. Look online for that particular motor and see if it has had any large scale problems.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What's the HP on that motor and an approximate idea of the hours. Good news if you're a Bateau owner - they really keep their value, new ones have risen in price, and used ones sell almost immediately. Bad news if you're a buyer - $$$. I'll send you a PM when I speak with Donnie. He typically is reluctant to quote prices on his boats because he doesn't want his name involved in any negotiations in any way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the HP on that motor and an approximate idea of the hours. Good news if you're a Bateau owner - they really keep their value, new ones have risen in price, and used ones sell almost immediately. Bad news if you're a buyer - $$$. I'll send you a PM when I speak with Donnie. He typically is reluctant to quote prices on his boats because he doesn't want his name involved in any negotiations in any way.
It is 90 HP. He couldnt tell me approximate hours so im guessing alot with it being a 1998 model. And I did catch on to the money part about the JB. I havent heard anything bad about them so I think it will be worth the money; whatever price I end up getting it for. lol. I will be looking for the PM from you. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts