NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Native makes a great seat for the Mariner 12.5 Propel, but sitting in it for 9hrs still requires some extra padding for me. What extra padding I had wasn't working good enough, so got desperate after a long day of fishing/sitting and facing a 2nd day in row. Went to Wally World and found this $12 fire-engine red heavy-duty rubber donut (they apparently do not come in camo). Best 12 bucks I've ever spent. A second 9hr day in the saddle was much more tolerable with my new seating upgrade. Knowing glances were exchanged at the launch but no one spoke a word. I sat upon my donut and pedaled out comfortably and began to catch fish. Comfort is more important dignity. :D

IMG_20140816_051406313~2.jpg

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I might have to take a roll of camo duct tape to that thing. Or perhaps you have started a new fishing club? THE RED O ANGLERS

·
Registered
575 Posts
I bought one of those closed cell foam hunting pads and modified it a bit with a knife. I also formed a better backrest out of pvc that fits into the scupper holes of the molded seat. I was able to affix the old seat and backrest onto both the foam pad and the pvc to make it comfy for both back and butt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts