NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the ft.bragg area, currently living in sanford. I'm trying to get back into bass fishing and I'm looking for some places need me and some help with what works in those areas. It's been like 6 years so this all feels new to me again. I tried fishing out at raven rock state park in the cape fear but had no luck. Any tips help! Thanks,

tanner.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dont know about the majority here.....but i havent caught squat and those i spoke with on site didnt either my last four trips out.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Thance, welcome to the site! Look around a little bit here and you'll find tons of info on bass fishing.

Crankbaits
Plastics
Spinnerbaits
Top water

They all have their time and place. Search the site and you'll have tons of info to go by. You'll likely have some folks chime in as well here. The last couple times I was after bass I nailed them on cranks and plastics. Spinnerbaits are working as well. When it gets a little warmer anything will work at various times.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There's San-Lee park. it has walking trails all the way around it. It is decent early in the year.
Jordan and Harris lakes, but not very bank friendly basin.
Cape fear river, and Deep River but even less bank friendly.
Lots of farm ponds but you need to know someone or beg for permission.

If you get your kayak you will have a loads of options.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I fish there a few times a year. Great bass fishing. Bass are most likely bedding now. If you get a chance to walk the bank at the shallow part at the guard house you should see lots of beds. They usually have a big bass contest at the guard house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.