NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on any waders? I am not trout fishing in my leaky rubber ones this fall and winter. I am going to buy some neoprene ones, and give up the old rubber ones. I also need suggestions on how to keep this purchase unknown to the wife.:D The Tackle Monkey has been hounding me a long time on this one.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Since you're going to be trout fishing, I recommend a pair of stocking foot waders. Get a good pair of felt soled wading shoes preferably with studs. They'll help you stand better on the slick rocks than the cleat sole boot botom waders. Also, the wading shoes give your ankles much more support when navigating the rocks and unseen holes in the stream beds.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Backlash, you are thinking about a different variety of trout I believe. LOL
Bread Man, if you have a Birthday coming up....don't hide nothing. Get her to buy them. Costs a lot less than getting caught with a new pair of waders.....;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Don't know whether they're any good or not, but Dick's Sports often has a pair of neoprene waders and a pair of breathable waders on sale for $69 to $89...

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I also need suggestions on how to keep this purchase unknown to the wife.:D The Tackle Monkey has been hounding me a long time on this one.
This one is easy and you shouldn't have to hide. You play the women's game here. They use any and all occasions to buy new clothing outfits. This purchase should come under fashions and you definitely need a new Halloween outfit.:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Just do it!! It is easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission...LOL!!

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Just do it!! It is easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission...LOL!!
Ah - "the salesman's creed". Just make sure you don't use it too often or you will end up on the back porch (booted out the door) :(

I like Forrest's idea. How 'bout this - "Honey I needed a new pair of shoes for fishing (show her the boots) and guess what - I found this great deal that included this nice suit to go with it (revealing the wader portion of the deal). Matched accessories is something most women know all about! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Breadman, I've got neoprene and the simm's breathables and i never use the neoprene anymore, believe it or not even on real cold days here in the mountains they can be too hot if you do any kind of walking at all. I just use a good pair of wickable longjohns and a apair of jeans and 99.9% of the time I'm set to go.
Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got my breathable Emerger waders from LLBean. $99 with lifetime warrenty. I haven't used them yet but they are lite weight and comfortable. I got the stocking foot style and the Bite wading shoes. I used the Bite shoes and they are comfortable and well made.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Matched accessories is something most women know all about! :D
Also use this tactic, it works great... buy them on sale and say, "Honey, remember - it's not how much I spent, it's how much I saved!!!"

Having owned a pair of Cabela's 3mm boot foot waders for a few years now, I can state without any reservation that stocking foot waders are the only way to go. Those boots get mighty heavy and cumbersome after fighting the surf awhile. Especially if you have to do any amount of walking over the dunes to get to the surf.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.