NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew got a pig today at HPCL.He released her on the spot, had no scales, so I will leave the weight up to your guesses! She's a real toad, and was caught on a green pumpkin mag finesse, wacky style. Up past East Fork, where I got the good one the other day. Congrats to Jonnie! His woman got the good one last time, but he's pulled back in front. HPCL continues to give up the big girls this year, and my best time is yet to come.

I just got home from the beach, caught lots of fish in the surf, blues, whiting, croakers, pompano mainly. Saw a shark up close to the beach, in ten inches of water, swam right by our feet! Looked to be around four and a half feet long.

jonnies pig 2.jpg Jonnie's pig.jpg shark.jpg Kady with net.jpg matts whiting.jpg sunrise.jpg sunset.jpg

Few more from the beach. Kady, my oldest grand daughter, got 21 minnows on that cast with the net, her first ever! Good sunrise and sunset pics, Matt with a decent whiting (southern kingfish).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you sure that wasn't a ray?? NICE FISH!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did you see the shark today at Oak Island....just asking because my sister in law sent me a pic earlier today of one about that size this morning they saw.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You're saying it was a finesse worm but you probably just don't want to let on it was a speed craw. I can see through that. Can't fool an old fisherman.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Nah I finally broke the man from those terrible speedcraw baits. They dont catch fish period.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Had a 10 footer pick up a bait this week at Kure a short 30 yards off the beach. I thought a 7000 was going to explode.
Thankfully she beached herself on the run on a sand bar. She was out there laid over and I just kept quite.
Everybody around knew a shark had hit but they hadn't seen her on the bar. They looked in the water up close to the beach, not 250 yards out. I just kept my mouth shut. Nobody would have swam the rest of the week. Me and my fishing partner just looked at each other with a sick grin. He saw it too. Broad day light.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
The height and girth on that fish are awesome... compared with his hands and those dimensions, I could easily see that fish going 8 to 9 lbs. That's incredible. I must have thrown a worm around that area half a dozen times in my last 7 or 8 trips out there over this last year. Just goes to show you never know!

Sounds like a fun coastal trip.

Tell your nephew congrats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts