NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I live in the north hills area and have never kayaked the Neuse but am not super familiar with it other than infrequent bank fishing.

I was wondering what some peoples favorite launch points are in the Raleigh area, i was thinking near the dam, the Buffalo road access, or the NeuRiverver trail access. Also what kinda flow(cfs) is best to fish and or safe? i have easy access to a canoe but also sit on top kayaks and paddle boards.

Also met a fishing guide (of the neuse) named Brain Grady while running the other day. Nice as can be guy and was very helpful when i asked him questions about the baits, lures, areas. I cant seem to find any info on him though, does anyone know if he has a webpage?

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like launching at the Anderson Park launch, off of Anderson Point Drive. Go when the water is low, catch a few sunfish on light tackle and then soak those on bigger rigs for catfish near the trees in the water. Be prepared to lose a few rigs.

You can also launch a bit further upstream near Millburnie Dam, off of Loch Raven Parkway and drift down to the takeout at Anderson Point.

If you fish up near the dam below Falls Lake on low water, just wear some shoes you don't mind getting wet and go wading. The water is pretty shallow up there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brett_Murphy

Really appreciate the input. Looking to try it out sometime next week to just see what's going on.

definitely, gona try to wade fish it later in the summer along with some other spots I found some nice bass along Crabtree Creek.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts