NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
no.....they are well established there.

I am quite sure that i read a request from Fish and Game over the past years to NOT release any of the flats one caught in the Neuse. Called the introduction into the Yadkin , one of the worst decisions for native fish ever.
I would be curious to see something from them to see what they do with them.
Unless of course Mack, you can tell me this is "the word".
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Biologists for the WRC and Inland Fisheries have practically begged that they not be released when caught.
If my recollections serve me well today, the WRC has not asked anything. Inland Fisheries has. Do not release for the Cape Fear and Neuse rivers.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I am quite sure that i read a request from Fish and Game over the past years to NOT release any of the flats one caught in the Neuse. Called the introduction into the Yadkin , one of the worst decisions for native fish ever.
I would be curious to see something from them to see what they do with them.
Unless of course Mack, you can tell me this is "the word".
Thanks.
they only kill them where they are new to the watershed.....in a place where they have been for years they know they would get grief from anglers and they also know they are wasting there time to kill the few they shock up.

click on the second picture and this was a quote from them

"The fish collected during the fish-sampling work on the Neuse River were identified by species, measured, weighed, allowed to recover in an onboard holding tank, and then released back into the Neuse River"

so I guess this is the "word";)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ya those are some nice flats. That would be a blast on rod and reel. I love catching flatheads like that, it a real challange trying to hunt them down.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Looks like I am gonna have to head back down there....My 2favorite places to catfish are the Dan and the neuse near where they are at....I quit going down there after the fish kill 3 or 4 years ago.....looks like it is time to head back. used to go 10-15 times a season down there and in 2000 I actually spent at least 30 days down there(was laid off for 4 mos july-nov) and wore them out then. after the hurricane bait got hard to catch...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Orginally posted by wademaster:
[QUOTE=..."I'm the only person under the sun who doesn't and never will have Facebook so oh well."

I believed this about myself, until you posted this. It appears we're a two-man club.

Plus Fishin'
RW

Reactions: wademaster

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can have a Facebook with a made up name or with your name and not participate. It will however give you access to what is there.

Heck, my 78 year old dad has a Facebook account but he doesn't participate on Facebook.

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
You can have a Facebook with a made up name or with your name and not participate. It will however give you access to what is there.

Heck, my 78 year old dad has a Facebook account but he doesn't participate on Facebook.
I've survived without it until now. I'll remain "faceless"......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts