NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back in from shad fishing at Kinston. Didn't catch anything, did manage to see 1 shad and 1 pounde LMBass caught.

Went to another spot and saw the Game Wardens issueing tickets. Make sure your boat and all safety gear is on board. No rips or tears in life jackets, and fire extinguisher is up to date.

Took some pictures of the ramp area for those that would like to see what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update ----went back today and fished a couple of hours with my brother, hard to get him out so I enjoyed the day. Heck most of the people that came up he knew so it was an social outing for him.

Check the pics and you'll see how much the river has risen since last Saturday.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Scott? You didnt mention the "catch"??? :D

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I had better do some backtracking and add the fishing part to the story.

Arrived at the fishing hole and readied the rods for me and my brother, who lives in Kinston. I'm the only one of the crowd that doesn't live there, I'm the black sheep. baa, baa,baa :DHe has a dozen rod and reels and hasn't fished in several years but continues to buy his license just in case. Well got him off his duff and here we were.:rolleyes:

Walked on down to the water and it was way higher than last Saturday, now this is shading water. Man at the bank said only 1 fish had been caught while he was there, and it stayed that way for an hour until I finally caught one and got him to the bank, he jumped and leaped himself to freedom, of course that was planned as a professional release.:cool:

A couple of boats came in from Falling Creek way and had several shad. One guy came by and had been at the Nature Center and caught 3 on red spoons.

Then another guy said, he said, she said type thing, any way he said a guy told him that he had caught 15 at Pitchkettle at the mouth of the creek. :rolleyes:

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10-4 TA---with the sun the way it is today would be a good day to be on the water casting for shad or even standing on the bank would be great for me.:cool:

Gonna have to go to the sandhole this afternoon and try for something with a rattletrap:D

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.