NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left my dock this morning at 7:00 AM and jigged up some pinfish & other bit sized morsels for to try and find a few old drum and whatever else mother nature might provide me. Made my way down the Neuse and tossed some jigs with shrimp. In no time I had plenty of blues and a big surprise (see the pic). Later I made my way over to Swan Island & hit on birds working a bait ball. I thought Spanish were in the area, but one cast revealed the marauding blues. I decided to take one of those home as well.

No specs, no drum, but plenty of fish and fun. The weather again was beautiful, the water a little bumpy (I managed to avoid a Thunder storm and what looked like a waterspout) - overall a great day on the water.

Home by 2:00...beer in hand by 2:15.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
nice catch!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nice one! Any idea how much it weighed? Been catching a few @ Bald Head on fiddler crabs and am gonna try sand fleas later today to see if they produce. Had grilled sheepshead last nite for supper. Now if I could only find the pompano!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fish probably weighed somewhere around 7-8 lbs; it took 15 minutes to get the beer because it took me that long to fight off the mosquitoes that greeted me at the dock.

I caught him on a shrimp & jig head...and I think he robbed me of a few before I caught him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.