NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i went catching this morning in New Bern NC,around the big bridges,caught a few small specks. and blues, none of those were keepers. i left the bridge and went to the railroad tressel and the small stripers were hiting on topwater ,all were small except the one we had for dinner.he was 26ins. and weighted in @ 5.8 lbs. man he reality put up a fight, maybe its time for the big stiper to start biting. thanks Chris

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ohh Yyeahhh!!!!

Reactions: tcfisherman

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Looks like right off of 70 as you come into town there are 2 on the Trent River. Take Pembroke Road exit from 70, turn left and grab quick right onto Rhem Street. Looks like there are 2 launch sites on this street, with lots of parking. Haven't been there myself- just looked at Google Earth, so if anybody knows these sites- are they free or open?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Skooteri I think you are talking of Lawson' creek park boat landing. I have only been there once myself but you can see it as you cross the big bridge on 70. I am heading to New Bern myself in the morning I will post any info I can get.
Wish me luck

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lawson Creek Is The Best Place To Put In, You Can Fish Around The Bridges, But You Best Bet Is Going Down To Railroad Tressel.............................chris

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Chris can I get my old clunker in there at Lawsons? Doesnt take much to float her?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sundrop you shouldn't have any problems putting your boat in at Lawson's as long it ain't a tugboat or anything. But as I learned yesterday there are two locations of ramps in the place. You want to take the pembroke, trent wood exit (416) off of 70 at the bridge then turn right to enter park but don't go to the first ramp you see that is where I put in and there is a small,small channel to run in to get out to the main river with the sides being shallow and full of grass, what you want to do is once you enter the park keep following the paved road all the way to the back set of ramps and put in on the main river. The back ramp is tough to find coming back in from the river also( and I had a way point set on the gps).
Now onto stripe update. We put in around 0830 and hit the train trestle to start with and gentleman standing on the trestle said he had caught two on top water earlier but that the fish really wern't in there right now. We fished there for about an hour but didn't get anything and did not see any action going on.
Went to the 55 bridge next and saw an elderly gentleman trolling back and forth in front of the bridge catching trout but we could not hook up with any and so no stripers.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
JnK thanks for the detailed info!! I need all the help I can get..LOL!! Sorry the Stripers had lockjaw! Crack of dawn is the best topwater time, but it is chilly at 6am...LOL!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good Afternoon Drop. As Jnk Said You Should Have No Problem With Your Boat. And Yes The Back Ramps Are The Best To Use. Give Me A Call An We'll Get Together Next Week And Go To Hancock Creek...............................chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like right off of 70 as you come into town there are 2 on the Trent River. Take Pembroke Road exit from 70, turn left and grab quick right onto Rhem Street. Looks like there are 2 launch sites on this street, with lots of parking. Haven't been there myself- just looked at Google Earth, so if anybody knows these sites- are they free or open?
Glenburnie park going towards the frisbee golf course is a great launch, and is very close to the tresses and some great stripers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can also launch at Union Point. Just cross the Trent River bridge going into town. Union Point Park is on the right as soon as you come off of the bridge. The ramps are beside the Comfort Inn. I am from New Bern and prefer this ramp. There are no "no wake" zones and you are right between the tressel and new bridges. It can be a tough landing on "big" wind days, but I avoid those anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.