NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the creek early this am with hopes of catching a few. We fished as hard as ever and threw all kinds of lures and only managed 1 striper, 5 pickerel and 0 trout. Water temp started about 46 and finished up about 54 and was decently clear. Think the water was at least a foot lower than our last trip with quite a bit of grass so maybe that's why they were locked up. Spent the day on the water with son though and he never gave up so that is all I can ask for and we'll get'em next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Time spent outdoors is priceless, my son and I went to a local lake yesterday in hopes of catching some crappie, but all we could find was a few catfish and one nice LMB, but it was a nice day to be out with my son, can't wait until we can get back to the camper at White Oak shores and start looking for trout and drum again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hit the creek early this am with hopes of catching a few. We fished as hard as ever and threw all kinds of lures and only managed 1 striper, 5 pickerel and 0 trout. Water temp started about 46 and finished up about 54 and was decently clear. Think the water was at least a foot lower than our last trip with quite a bit of grass so maybe that's why they were locked up. Spent the day on the water with son though and he never gave up so that is all I can ask for and we'll get'em next time.
Funny how things work. At the time, all you can think of is the fish you aren't catching. A year from now, all you'll remember is that THIS was the trip where he didn't give up or want to head in early. If only we had our priorities as clear in the moment as we do in retrospect, parenthood would be a heck of a lot easier.

Congrats to both of you on great fishing trips.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't given up totally on the trout yet, but I am ready for it to warm back up so we can hit the beach again. Look forward to trying to catch a few drums and flounders around EI And Swansboro. We are looking at setting the boat up to gig some too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.