NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Neuse Sports Shop while up in Kinston yesterday afternoon before heading to Mills Tractor/Lawnmower Sales to get a new Cub Cadet Lawnmower for David. We found the prices a little higher for the most part on almost everything in there, as compared to even Eastern Outfitters, let alone Wally World. I did pick up a Buzz Bait that I have never seen before in my life by Arbogast called a "Buzz Plug" which is a hard body lure with a spinner on top with a zig-zag pattern cut into the blades with the name "ARBOGAST" with double hooks on the rear that face up. I got the green frog looking color. This thing supposedly floats when you pause on your retrieve. Can anyone tell me anything about this lure? Price was only $4.99. Also, there is another Bait/Tackle looking shop that is having a 50% sale on all fishing tackle next to the Neuse Sport Shop but we didn't have time to stop. Can anyone tell me what that is?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Next door to the Sports Shop is the FTO..Fishing Tackle Outlet at 50% off. Lots of good deals. Most of this is stuff that did not sell at the Neuse Sports Shop and is discounted and moved to this store, both belong to NSS. Items also that are last years models, moved over to make room for the new models to come out.

The Buzz Plug will float at rest. You can continue to buzz the plug from cast to the rod. It also can be cast and buzzed up to a stump or limb, stopped at rest and repeat. The buzzer will buzz like a buzz bait and the rest of the body will rock side to side sort of like a Jitterbug. Bill Dance did a show on the Buzz Plug. You may be able to find something on Youtube.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Scott...David and I might just jump in the truck tomorrow after my "Physical Torture" at Peak Performance and go check that place out. Will also check "YouTube" for anything on this lure. It is one very weird looking thing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Buddy of mine at Custom Lures Unlimited made a buzzbait plug at one time call the Cape Fear Chopper. Brians Bees also has a version my tourny partner swears by and I have netted plenty of fish that fell for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts